Welcome to the Shakti Spirit Level 2 Yoga Teacher Training!
We are a non-pretentious yet professional Yoga training school, who welcome students of all ages. If you are looking to increase your skills and knowledge as well as to challenge yourself, then keep reading...
If you've already completed a 200 hour training or equivalent, either with Shakti Spirit Yoga or another studio, this 300 hour training is an opportunity to delve even further into the path of Yoga.
It also gives you an opportunity to upgrade your Yoga Alliance registration to the 500 level if you desire (your previous 200 hour certification plus this 300 hours equals 500 hours).
As well as certification from Shakti Spirit Yoga, and the possibility to become registered with Yoga Alliance, you will also gain an extra certificate and the skills to practice Ayurvedic Marma Point Massage, as taught to you by an Ayurvedic Dr from India.
As there may be some prior reading to do, particularly if you have not studied Ayurveda previously, it is advisable to apply early rather than at the last minute.
In this Level 2 training, we take the important foundation you already have from your previous training, and take off from there, exploring and consolidating in a deeper way.
- Exploring more intermediate level & advanced asana & ways to modify and adjust in them.
- Slow/Medium paced Vinyasa Flow Yoga with strong breath awareness and time to explore postures deeply.
- Therapeutic Yoga Therapy in the Viniyoga and related traditions - learn to adapt Yoga sequences to the individual and work with people with injuries and specific conditions, including: back problems, scoliosis, lower back, upper back, neck, shoulders, pelvis, hips, etc. This is a particular emphasis during this Level 2 Training.
- Yoga Moves classes - explore how to move into challenging postures including arm balances and play with transitions, and mini sequences - a great aid for Vinyasa Flow classes.
- Ayurvedic studies - 30 hours - these classes are taken by Dr Sujatha Kekada (an Ayurvedic Dr from India) and include an in-depth look and hands-on experience in Marma Point Massage, which is great to include when adjusting. You will also receive an extra certificate in Marma Point Massage and Ayurvedic studies from Dr Sujatha and the Amrta Siddhi Ayurvedic Health Centre.
- Restorative Yoga Module - 20 hours (usually 2 afternoons per week) - a deep exploration of Restorative Yoga practices and using props to support deep relaxation.
- Yoga philosophy with Emil Wendel - MODULE 1 of Emil's philosophy program comprises the history of Yoga (presented in our Level 1 program and reviewed briefly during this training). MODULE 2 presents a review of the personalities and movements that shaped modern Yoga from 1825 onwards. MODULE 3 consists of learning to appreciate multiple interpretations of what is known as Yoga, and discussions on how to blend Yogic knowledge with practice in our teaching career. We will explore Modules 1, 2 and 3 during this training.
- Daily Pranayama & Meditation - consolidate your personal Pranayama/Meditation practice and gain teaching skills to safely lead Pranayama in the context of a mixed asana/pranayama class.
- 2 classes on teaching Yoga to Senior Aged students 65+, including dealing with osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.
- Experience a half day trip in the countryside to the Balinese Holy Spring Water at Tirta Empul, where we bathe in Holy Water (optional).
- Yoga business - how to promote and market your classes, studio, retreats, etc.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRAINING SPECIAL:
- We accept 16 students maximum. This means lots of attention for you.
- Course is held in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia, a fascinating Hindu Island, where many of the teachers live.
- Our senior teachers have been practicing and teaching Yoga for years, and are not just recent graduates of a teacher training program who are now running trainings. Our lives are truly dedicated to the Yogic journey and have been for years.
- Each asana class will have at least one experienced senior assistant as well as the main teacher.
- Includes a private Yoga Therapy session for each participant, so you receive one-on-one assistance with any structural issues you may be dealing with.
- On site accommodation at Santra Putra is available and preferred. There are also a few options for off site accommodation.
- Daily and delicious vegetarian breakfast/brunch is included on all training days for those staying at Santra Putra. If staying off site, we welcome you to join us for breakfast at a small price.
- Once per week shared Ayurvedic lunch or dinner - prepared by Dr Sujatha, our Ayurvedic Dr and her team.
- This training is registered with Yoga Alliance USA at the 300 hour advanced training level; meaning, if you have already graduated from a 200 hour YA registered training, and successfully complete this training, you can apply for 500 hour level status with Yoga Alliance (if you choose).